Saturday, January 8, 2011

Why blog?

I've been so intimidated in starting this blog, that I've decided I'm just going to do it.  Here it is, my first entry.

Why do I want to blog?  I don't really know.  Have you ever dreamed of winning the lottery?  Every now and then Lee and I talk about all the things we would do if we "hit it big".  College would be paid for, our families would not want for anything, we'd support the charities we love; the list goes on and on.  We don't really expect to win the lottery, but it's a lot of fun to dream! 

Maybe this blog is a dream.  Maybe my writing will be so witty and interesting that I'll have thousands of subscribers and will earn enough money to afford me to stay home with the twins.  Maybe not.  Maybe this blog will just be a fun way for me to share my adventures as a mother of two precious babies.  Either way, I know that writing about my life will be a way for me to clear my head and a way to record stories for the twins.  Hopefully, something I say will inspire someone in someway.  If nothing else, my adventures with the babies will at least put a smile on someone's face.  In the words of Dolly Parton, "If you see someone without a smile, give them yours."

Whew.  Now that the first entry is written, on to the adventures!  Stay tuned...

4 comments:

  1. *hugs* You did it!

    Love the tie-dye background. ^_^

    <3,
    TL

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an amazing woman! I feel very blessed to have you not only in my life but in the lives of my girls. When I grow up I want to be like you!!!
    Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Lura!

    That means a lot to me, Bethany. Love y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your first post. Consider me one of the founding followers. :)

    ReplyDelete